Located on the Burlington Northern Railroad and Interstate Highway 45, six miles south of Corsicana in Navarro County Texas. It was established in 1871 by A. Angus and had the first hay press in that part of Texas. It was also known for its cattle industry, oil refineries, and vast
amounts of fertile soil. The first church was built in 1872 and the first school in 1874. An Angus post office opened in 1874. but was later discontinued. A money-order office was established in 1911, when the population of Angus was twenty. In 1945, the population had increased to twenty-five. In 1987 it was
244, and in 1990 it was 363.