DOVER, TEXAS. Dover, northwest of Dawson in
southwestern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a two-teacher school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of
seventy-nine. At its height before
World War Iqv the community had a church, the school, and a number of houses. The school was later consolidated with that
of Dawson. By the mid-1930s Dover no longer appeared on highway maps.